In 8 Hours I will be going into surgery and having a "big, fat baby" (my docter's words, not mine. Niiiice...). I am SO incredibly excited and nervous and anxious and happy and scared.
I should be trying to sleep,and I will in a little while. I don't know if I will actually get any sleep although I am a little tired and I can usually sleep no matter what. It's a gift.
We are getting up around 3:45am. You usually only hear that kind of thing if you have a plane to catch. What a trip this will be!
We will be at the hospital at 5:30, in surgery at 7:30, in recovery at 8:30 and in a room at 9:30 if all goes according to plan. Wow. It's all going to go so fast. On one hand I feel lucky that I know exactly when the baby is coming, won't have to go through any labor or contractions, and will have a new baby about 15 minutes after the process of c section-ing starts (yes, I am making up terms. What about it?!). Especially after my mom reminded me that she was in labor with me for 19 hours. Love you mom!!
On the other hand it's a little bit strange that I have been trying to prepare for labor and contractions, etc for the last 9 months and will never even feel a one. But I am not going to let myself feel any disappointment or anything of the sort. Whatever way delivers a healthy baby is OK. Better than ok.
I can feel her moving around right now and boy is she in for some surprise in the morning! It is going to be pretty crazy to not have a being in my stomach anymore. Although I am pretty excited about it too. Between the swelling of feet, hands, legs that is supposed to miraculously disappear after delivery and the amount of pressure on my lower abdomen for the last couple months, I am more than happy to start caring for this little person on the outside rather than on the inside.
Well, I am off. Next time I update I will be a mommy. Oh. My. Goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congratulations! I guess the big day is today and I hope that everything goes smoothly and well =) I look forward to hearing more about your amazing little girl!
Congratulations!!!
ANY birth story is a beautiful birth story--it doesn't matter how the baby comes out, as long as he or she makes it out successfully. I hope you three have a day full of love.
So? How'd it go?!? I feel awful for not checking in before now, but now I ABSOLUTELY MUST KNOW what happened and see pictures of what I'm sure is a most delicious baby!! UPDATE, woman!
Post a Comment